Energy Efficient Spa Pools | HotSpring Spas NZ
Energy Efficient Spa Pools
Save Money, Save Energy:
HotSpring® Spas leads the industry in design, engineering, and manufacturing of energy-efficient spa pools. With Hot SpringSpas' Energy Smart™ system, each spa is built with a combination of energy-efficient features that simultaneously provide you with lower operating costs and the best value over time.
The Energy Smart Spa:
You can enjoy lower monthly operating costs with HotSpring Spas energy-efficient spas. HotSpring Spas makes your spa energy-efficient by:
- Totally insulating every Highlife Collection model with multiple layers of high density, polyurethane foam that's also used to insulate commercial freezers
- Using the innovative FiberCor® insulation in the Limelight Collection models, which fills the cabinet completely to a density that is 4 times greater than the 8 kg/m³ foam used on most spas
- Manufacturing all spa covers to ensure a custom-fit and tight seal to lock in warm air, and have a dense foam core with a high R-value for insulation
- Continuously circulating spa water with the SilentFlo 5000™ circulation pump that uses less energy than a 40-watt light bulb
- Featuring the powerful WaveMaster™ jet pumps dedicated to powering the jets and are only activated when you need them
- Featuring the SmartJet™ system that lets you direct power only to the jets you choose, for less horsepower and energy
- Designing our own heaters to maximise the transfer of heat to the water for maximum efficiency
- Featuring dimmer-controlled LED lights that use less energy than a standard light bulb in all models
We Set The Standard:
Hot SpringSpas has certified all models to the California Energy Commission (CEC) in accordance with California law. With California setting the standard for energy-efficient spa pools, you can have peace of mind knowing that your spa is designed to keep operating costs low no matter where you live.
HotSpring Spas received the ENVY Award for energy-efficient spa pool design in 2008.
Estimate your monthly operating costs
Each HotSpring Spa owner's operating cost is different. Determining your cost depends on which model you own, the temperature you set, your frequency of use, the mean ambient temperature and the cost of electricity where you live. By using this energy calculator, you can get a better idea of what your monthly cost may be. Based on third-party testing, the calculator works by presenting actual documented energy consumption for the specific HotSpring spa in heavy use.
Monthly Energy Cost = Kilowatt Hours x Rate per Kilowatt Hour
Temp = Approximate Annual Mean Ambient Temperature in Degrees Celcius
kWh = Approximate Average Kilowatt Hours per Month to Operate Spa*
Rate = Approximate Average Rate Charged per Kilowatt Hour in Pounds**
Cost = Approximate Average Monthly Energy Cost to Operate Spa*
* Based on a spa set at 39Â°C used 6 times per week, 15 minutes with the jets on, 15 minutes with the jets off during each use. Testing conducted by an independent third party certified laboratory in a Controlled Environmental Chamber at multiple ambient temperatures using continuous Data Acquisition monitoring of watts, temperature and humidity, with all equipment rigorously calibrated to ensure data accuracy. Testing conducted on representative large, medium and small spa models, with energy values for other models extrapolated from original data. Individual energy consumption will vary depending on water set temperature, actual consumer usage patterns, and actual environmental ambient conditions.
** Based on the rates as indicated by Europe's Energy Portal - www.energy.eu. Rates are subject to change - check with your local electricity provider for the current rate in your area.